Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Awwww, yeah!

This is what bike racing is all about:

Winning pastries.

But, seriously, tonight at the track I won this, and what was remarkable to me about this win was that halfway around the lap I was at the back of the pack and a couple of kids were sprinting for it.  I guess the true beauty of an attack is when they don't know you're coming until you're accelerating and coming up near the line, and they're slowing down.

Extra bonus: I was going so fast over the hill I caught up with a breakaway that was riding strong and not slowing down at the hill every lap.

Brief progress report from the Bud Harris Track, before next week when my attendance will become splotchy thanks to summer math conferences.  Coach Suzanne really had me focus on my pedaling, and either the focus on better pedaling and form, or my new tires,  but I was going a little faster in places.  Such as on the flat, when I would typically be going 23 MPH I noticed I'd be going 24.  Or over the little hill, when I'd typically slow to 19 MPH, I'd be going 21.

Plus, I feel great from a couple days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment